Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Mountain Glow

12/4/12

Camera: Sony

Lens: 18-55mm

Shutter Speed: 15.0 Sec.

F-Stop: 4.5

ISO: 100

Focal Length: 30.0 mm

Tripod: Yes

It took me a while to find where the camera was shooting and how close I needed to get to have the glow stick bright enough. After I found this out though I really wanted to create a picture in a picture. Therefore I decided to try and draw in a green mountain over the horizon of lights behind me. It was very difficult to get the right height to match on both sides of the horizon but on this one I got very lucky and it turned out to line up perfect. After getting it on the computer I realized that the lights in the background were very blurry. To fix this I used the color selection tool to highlight the green, then I selected the inverse and turned the rest of the picture to black and white. This accents the green well and keeps the focus on the "mountain" and not on the horizon line.

No comments:

Post a Comment